Wednesday 22 September 2010

Home sweet home

Well this is it, on my own now.  Not literally.  Mark is here with me and so are the kids as it's summer holidays.  But it's up to me now to make the most of this.

All i want to do is sleep, i slept most of the way home and it's starting to hurt again.  If i'm sleeping it doesn't hurt anymore, just let me sleep.  Mark wakes me to force me to drink.  I know he's doing the right thing but i don't quite agree at the moment.  He makes me up a cocktail of lemon barley and soluable paracetamol, how delicious!!!  It takes me about an hour and a half to drink the small glass full and by the time i get near the bottom some of the pain has gone, so i know he was right, just don't tell him that!

For the next couple of days i'm slow and taking things easy.  Mark is feeding me teaspoons of soup, not literally feeding me but making sure i eat! There aren't enough hours in the day to eat and drink how on earth am i going to manage 3 pints?

At 6 days post op all i want and crave is anything cold, the colder the better.  I think it's time to try ice cream, can't get much colder and it's on my list of foods i'm allowed.  So here goes.....  in the steaming depths of the freezer are mini magnums, well Sainsbury's version anyway.  That will do.  I break off all the chocolate, i'm not interested in the chocolate, just give me the ice cream.  Yes you read that right, i didn't want chocolate, sooooooooo unlike me.  Mmmm this is good, i take it slowly and after about 45 mins the whole thing has gone, that hit the spot............................ Hang on this doesn't feel right, quick out of my way i need the loo.   I have never felt so ill in ages, i'm sitting on the loo (will spare the details) i'm sweating, shaking and generally feeling pants.  I guess this is what 'Dumping Syndrome' is  and boy i don't want to go through that again.  I feel lousy for the rest of the afternoon and the whole evening, worse than i had done for days, all for the sake of a bloody ice cream and no chocolate!

I had one more episode of 'dumping' this time not at home.  We had decided to have a family day out, go for a woodland walk etc.  Poor kids spent nearly an hour waiting for me to come out of the loos.  Me, i thought i was going to pass out or die.  Either would have been preferable to the pains and sensations i was going through.  Lesson learned, twice.

No comments:

Post a Comment